10th Annual Purses for Pooches and Pals
- 44 photos
- Purses for Pooches & Pals has become a social calendar highlight for St. Louis women, and were not to be missed this year. The Humane Society of Missouri celebrated its 10th anniversary in style! Attendees enjoyed food and refreshments from St. Louis’ finest restaurants, stunning designer purses and shoes for raffle, the opportunity to network and, of course, a chance to meet the loveable animals up for adoption at the Humane Society of Missouri’s state-of-the-art facility. This year’s designers included Coach, Furla, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton and many more! Event co-chairs were Pam Nicholson and Judy Gruender, honorary chair was Jan Torrisi-Mokwa. Proceeds benefitted the Humane Society of Missouri’s Animal Cruelty Fund, dedicated to investigating, healing and preventing animal abuse.
- Album ID: 1951373
- Photos by By Diane Anderson
Powered by Hope Foundation
- 5 photos
- Ruth's Chris Steak House and KFTK Radio's Dave Glover co-hosted a Summer Wine Tasting at Ruth's Chris Clayton on the Patio. The event benefitted the Powered by Hope Foundation, a nonprofit founded by Teri Griege, providing hope, strength, peace and education to cancer patients and their caregivers going through the biggest battle of their life, the founder of the benefit, as well as The foundation is predicated on H-O-P-E or How Ordinary People Endure. Over 20 spring and summer wines sample d along with Ruth's Chris signature hors d'oeuvres.
- Album ID: 1950730
- Photos by David Anderson
Pamela Rose with Wild Women of Song
- 35 photos
- West coast vocalist and educator Pamela Rose came to St. Louis for the first time at Jazz at the Bistro with her groundbreaking work celebrating key women composers in early jazz and blues. “Pamela Rose with Wild Women of Song” is a rollicking live concert with projected photo archives, storytelling along with her superb swinging band. The band members were: Tammy Hall on piano, Ruth Davies on bass, and Nancy Wright on saxophone and Rob Rhodes on drums. This performance benefited the Don and Heide Wolff Jazz Institute at Harris-Stowe State University and The Laura X- Laura Rand Orthwein World Institute for Legacy and Learning of Social Justice Movements. Ida Goodwin Woolfolk was the mistress of ceremonies.
- Album ID: 1949251
- Photos by By Diane Anderson
Urban League Salute to Women in Leadership
- 74 photos
- This years Salute to Women in Leadership Gala lived up to the standard set by past Galas. This annual event held by the Urban League honors the tireless contributions of outstanding women. They come from a wide range of categories, both from professional and civic backgrounds to be showered with awards from the national and state level as well as gifts and congratulations from local business. This years Honorees were Dr. Tiffany Anderson for Educational Leadership, Rebeccah Bennett for Civic Leadership, Rev. Traci D. Blackmon for Civic Leadership, Deborah Catchings-Smith for Civic Leadership, Mary Ann Wagner for Media Leadership, Denise Turner as Guild Member of the Year, Hazel Mallory as Employee of the Year, Amie Needham for Civic Leadership, Mary Harper Thomas for Civic Leadership, Brenda Walker McCain for Urban League CEO of the Year, Marylen Mann for Civic Leadership, Dr. Gloria B Herndon for International Business Leadership, Cheryl Miller for Lifetime Achievement, and Angela Winbush for Lifetime Achievement.
- Album ID: 1951137
- Photos by Bryan Schraier
Wings of Hope Luncheon
- 27 photos
- ‘Wings of Hope’ held their annual Women’s Luncheon this year at the Starlight Room at the Chase Park Plaza. Special guest speaker Maxine Clark was spoke about her experience with entrepreneurship and the Build-A-Bear Empire. She reflected on the importance of giving and helping others with their hearts desires of starting businesses and creating jobs. The ladies were catered with a delectable lunch and handmade crafts sourced directly from the Wings of Hope Operations in India. Chairs of this years event included Anne Volland and Laura Helling.
- Album ID: 1949646
- Photos by David Anderson / AndersonMediaSTL..com