Saks Fifth Avenue and Donna Karan New York Present An Inspirational Evening Celebrating St. Louis Wo
- 39 photos
- Saks Fifth Avenue and Donna Karan New York feted 30 St. Louis women for their inspirational community contributions to an evening of exquisite fashion, haute cuisine and friendship as part of Donna Karan's 30th anniversary at the elegant home of Susan Sherman, St. Louis Fashion Fund Chairman and Dinner Co-host. The private champagne dinner event featured an installation of looks from Donna Karan's Fall 2014 collection dramatically displayed on a series of mannequinns which greeted guests as they entered Sherman's home and up a majestic front staircase. The menu was extraordinary and was prepared by Melissa Lee, Executive Chef of the Ritz-Carlton and Simone Faure of Patisserie Chouquette. St. Louis. Other co-hosts for the evening were Deedra Hartung and Margery Marshall. DKNY is generously donating 10 percent of the next week’s sales to benefit the Saint Louis Fashion Fund.
- Album ID: 1852138
- Photos by By Diane Anderson
Light the Night Walk
- 57 photos
- The Gateway Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society was joined by newly appointed CEO Dr. Lou DeGennaro to celebrate its 16th Annual Light The Night Walk. The St. Louis Walk is currently ranked 10 among 200 walk sites across the country, which raises funds for the 1.1 million Americans living with a blood cancer. The St. Louis walk celebrated $950,000 raised but supporters have until January 31 to continue the fight for their $1 million goal. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night Walk, benefiting local blood cancer patients and researchers, was held at Forest Park’s Central Fields. Light the Night is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s nationwide evening fundraising walk to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by blood cancer. The walk helps The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society raise money for research and patient services. Participants walk along a one mile route, carrying illuminated lanterns—white for survivors, red for supporters, and gold in memory of a loved one.
- Album ID: 1852074
- Photos by By Diane Anderson
Winter Opera St. Louis Announces 2014-15 Season
- 41 photos
- Winter Opera St. Louis celebrated the opening of its eighth season at Dominic’s Trattoria in Clayton. Following an authentic five-course Italian dinner guests were treated to a sneak preview of the company’s upcoming season featuring Jorge Pita Carreras and Gina Galati, Vocalists. The star studded lineup season begins in November and includes three classical operas, each performed in its original language with projected English supertitles. A special Christmas Opera and several community outreach programs round out the season. All performances take place at the Skip Viragh Center for Performing Arts at Chaminade College Preparatory School, 425 South Lindbergh. The winter Opera’s season kicks off with The Marriage of Figaro followed by a special Christmas Opera for the entire family, then in January the Winter Opera will perform the St. Louis premiere of Pietro Mascagni’s L’Amico Fritz followed by the finale of Winter Opera’s Eighth Season the Grand Opera Othello, by Giuseppe Verdi. Spotted in the crowd were Gina Galati, General Director and her family, mom and dad, Dominic and Jackie, and her sister Maria. Also spotted were the Pillsbury sisters Nancy Pillsbury Shirley and Mary Pillsbury Wainwright and Jorge Pita Carreras.
- Album ID: 1851550
- Photos by By Diane Anderson
Carts & Cocktails
- 60 photos
- More than 200 guests cruised through Laumeier Sculpture Park in golf carts during their annual Carts & Cocktails fundraiser. The event allowed guests to explore unique aspects of the park while enjoying hors d’oeuvres, specialty drinks and live entertainment at various stations. Entertainment was provided by The Boney Goat Band, The Root Diggers and Cree Rider Family Band. Guests were invited to become part of the artwork with a special preview of Laune: A Dance Performance. The performance, which was choreographed by Ashley McQueen, highlights the passion into the care of the grounds at Laumeier through a series of movements using riding lawnmowers. Event co-chairs were Adrian Harrington, Jamey Edgerton, Kate and Don Pollman. Proceeds from the event support Laumeier’s exhibition, education and art conservation programs. Founded in 1976, Laumeier is one of the first and largest dedicated sculpture parks in the country, making it an institution of international significance as well as a unique compliment to the cultural landscape of the St. Louis region. Laumeier is a nonprofit, accredited art museum that operates in partnership with St. Louis County Parks. Laumeier encompasses 60 works of large-scale outdoor sculpture in a 105-acre park available free to the public year-round, and serves 300,000 patrons annually through temporary exhibitions, education programs, public events and conservation of the Permanent Collection.
- Album ID: 1852122
- Photos by Elizabeth Merkel
35th Birthday of The Magic House
- 31 photos
- The Magic House turned 35 this year and to celebrate the Museum's Friends Committee threw a party! At this year's annual gala, the Big Birthday Bash, guests enjoyed cocktails and hors d'oeuvres in the Museum's beautiful garden as they strolled about an exuberant silent auction. Guests dined on a delicious dinner from Butler's Pantry followed by a toast to The Magic House's birthday with cupcakes and champagne. Funds from the annual fundraising Gala provide education programs for underserved youth. This year’s proceeds also supported The Magic House's birthday wish of raising $350,000 to provide 35,000 underserved children with free admission during the Museum's 35th year.
The Big Birthday Bash was hosted by The Magic House's Friends Committee whose members include: Birthday Co-Chairs Randy Costas and Melissa Swank, Committee Chair Laura Busch, and members Mary Bower, Marni Deutsch, Nicole DiMartini, Jennifer Demoff, Devon Fischer, Angela Freeman, Elise Frisella, Linda Hunter, Laura McBride, Norma McGehee, Shelley Reynolds, Laura Schukar and Chrissie Wojciechowski.
- Album ID: 1851276
- Photos by David Anderson