Marfan Foundation Heartworks Gala
- 70 photos
- The Four Seasons Downtown hosted this year’s Marfan Foundation Heartworks Gala; a non-for-profit organization dedicated to treat and help those affected by the genetic disorder known as Marfan syndrome. Honored for their special dedication to the cause of Marfan Syndrome were: current President of Heartworks, Carolyn Levering and main contributor in research, Dr. Alan and Rebecca Braverman. Noemi and Michael Neidorff were honored as Corporate Champions within the foundation. Dr. Angela M. Sharkey was given the Hero with a Heart Award for her commitment to cardiac care and research as well as her establishment of a Marfan Syndrome and Familial Aortopathy Clinic at SSM Cardinal Glennon’s Medical Center. Dr. and Mrs. Douglas Aach were honored as Community Champions for their monumental efforts in assisting the foundation to treat and cure the condition. Guests were delighted to an elegant array of appetizers, cocktails, and a lavish three course dinner. Some of the sponsors of the event included Dr. & Mrs. Douglas Aach, The Braverman Family Fund, Centene Corporation, Mercy Health, Wash U School of Medicine, The Sansone Group, Gene DX , Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Dr. and Mrs. Phillip H. Sharkey and Family as well as a number of other generous contributors.
- Album ID: 1773506
3rd Annual Experience Kanaval Gala “Kompa: The Rhythm of the People”
- 33 photos
- Guests joined Meds & Food for Kids for a celebration of reflection and support at their 3rd Annual Experience Kanaval Gala “Kompa: The Rhythm of the People” an evening of Haitian art, music and culture at the Saint Louis Science Center. Proceeds from the event go directly to Meds & Food for Kid’s in Haiti. It is their mission to end malnutrition in Haiti. Debbie Monterrey served as the evening’s Master of Ceremonies. Honorary co-chairs were Dr. Peter Raven and Thad Simons. Gala chairs were Fred and Sara Epstein, John and Alison Ferring and Amrit and Amy Gill.
- Album ID: 1772858
- Photos by Diane Anderson
Cardinal Ritter College Prep Gala
- 66 photos
- The atmosphere was primed with joy at the recent 2014 Cardinal Ritter College Prep Gala, “Celebrating Success in Urban Education”. Kemoll’s at the Top of the Met hosted this wonderful event, treating guests to delicious appetizers, drinks and a fabulous dinner. President and CEO of Urban League St. Louis, Michael McMillan, was Master of Ceremonies, while KMOX and KMOV “Great Day St. Louis” Broadcasting Queen, Carol Daniel, acted as Mistress of Ceremonies. Archbishop Robert J. Carlson gave a special presentation as well as hosted the evening’s charitable bidding. George Henry was honored for his commendable service to the archdiocese as both a longstanding teacher and administrator throughout local Catholic Education Schools. Spotted amongst the crowd were, George and Rosalie Henry, Dr. Dennis and Monica Golden and subsequent President of the School, Leon Henderson. Cardinal Ritter Alumi, and senior writer for EBONY, Margena A. Christian, Ed.D, gave a special speech about her life endeavors post graduation. Gala Sponsors included some anonymous donors as well as Express Scripts, Edward Jones, Catholic Schools, Nine Network, Worldwide Technology, Centene Charitable Foundation, Alberici Construction, Ascension Health, Emerson, Cass Information Systems, Whelan Security, Husch Blackwell, and Kevin and Patti Short, as well as many others gracious contributors.
- Album ID: 1773383
One Funked Up Bash Cultivating The Future of Jazz
- 35 photos
- The 2014 Jazz St. Louis Gala “One Funked Up Night” was held recently at the Ritz Carlton in Clayton, Missouri. Guests were treated to cocktails, during which time the JazzU students performed, followed by dinner, a live auction and a special performance by saxophonist Maceo Parker. After dinner guests were treated to a post-show cabaret featuring Denise Thimes. Laurna Godwin and Samuel Hutchinson, Jimmy Jamieson, Steve and Phoebe Smith served as co-chairs for the evening’s gala. All gala proceeds benefit jazz education in the community.
- Album ID: 1772854
- Photos by By Diane Anderson
Cornerstone Society Celebration, “There’s No Place Like Home”
- 38 photos
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of St. Louis hosted its second annual Cornerstone Society Celebration, a gratitude reception to acknowledge its most generous donors in 2013. The event took place at the Palladium Saint Louis and featured a Wizard of Oz theme to emphasize “there’s no place like home.” Those who donated $1,000 or more to Ronald McDonald House Charities of St. Louis in 2013 became members of the Cornerstone Society. These 387 donors provide the financial foundation for the operation of the organization’s three Ronald McDonald Houses and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, which are located inside three St. Louis area pediatric hospitals.
- Album ID: 1771993
- Photos by By Diane Anderson